Sunday, August 05, 2007

Friday Weigh-in, and the elusive wagon

I've managed to shift some of last weekends gain to produce a weight in result of 17st 3¾lbs. That puts me 1lb down on the previous weigh in 2 weeks ago, which sounds better than it is.

I'm really struggling to stay focussed right now - and with a two week business trip coming up, I don't see much of an improvement on the horizon. I seem to be able to stay with it for 2-3 days, then the desire for something nice takes over, and I start to lose the plot again. I'm also really struggling to stick with habits I established quite firmly to start with - daily weighing and tracking seem like a real chore right now.

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself: it's the results that matter, and the weight is still coming off, albeit in fits and starts. But the sun is shining, and what I really want to do is to go and sit in the garden with a beer and a book. And that's 3 points I probably shouldn't have today.

1 comment:

FatBlokeThin said...

I am going through exactly the same slump by the sound of it. Unfortunately (and I know you will not thank me for this) the only answer is E X E R C I S E!!!

I have a slightly less pronounced dislike of exercise than you but I have come to the conclusion that I have to go to a gym and excercise in a controlled way. My running just doesn't work - I have all sorts of hip/knee/shin siscomfort and it is really soul destroying when no matter how I eat, the weight does not come off.

I will be joining a gym at the weekend and hopefully this will kick start the weight loss.

As for the business trip, try and stay focused and minimise the weight gain - take control of what you are eating but don't forget to enjoy yourself, that's what holidays (I mean business trips?) are for!!