Thursday, December 21, 2006

A pre-diet day

So, how do I get to the magical BMI=30.

Well, let's start by taking apart a typical days diet.

The first day I decided to track was one of the worst, but worth recounting here.

I was early for an appointment so wandered into the shop across the road. Toffee and Pecan Danish. 8 points.

During the day a total of 7 points went on sugar in coffee.

Lunch. Oops. "Who wants to go to the pub?" "Yeah, OK". Steak and Ale pie: 19 points. Oh, and my arm got twisted for an extra half because the service was slow, so 4 1/2 points for the beer.

Thats 39 1/2 points so far. My target needs to be to eat 33 points a day.

Dinner was pretty good: 5 points for SWMBO's chicken in random sauce. Delicious, nutritious, and low points. And a bottle of wine over the course of the evening was another 8.

52 1/2 points.

Now, let's think how that day should have worked.

I could have had some cereal for about 4 points - that would have been a large bowl.
Let's try to halve the sugar in the coffee - 3 1/2
Lunch: Even a big egg and mayo baguette would have been only 12 points.
Dinner: Stays as is, with a 1/2 bottle of wine (or two beer) limit on school nights. 9 points.

28 1/2 points. I could have fitted in a bar of chocolate as well, and only been 1/2 point over target.

I think I can do this.

No comments: