Saturday, February 17, 2007

Blowing it, big style 73 points yesterday and 61 for a single meal.

So I decided to end the business trip with one meal where I wasn't caring about the points - as well as being a great change to meet up with friend and colleague and her husband.

Dinner last night was one of the best (tasty) and worst (from a diet viewpoint) meals I've had in a long time. Even before I started this diet lark.

Main course: bang bang chicken. Coconut, creamy sauce, nutty bits. Yours, sir for 31 ½ points. I didn't eat all the rice, so I probably saved about 4 points right there Like it helped. 27 ½ points for a main course.

Dessert was a white chocolate caramel latte cheesecake, which comes in an 8oz slice with whipped cream. 900 calories comparing with the ones I couldn find values for. That's 13 points before the fat. And 35 g of saturated fat, another 9 points - it actually rounds down to 21 ½ points for the dessert alone.

That whole meal contained over 70g of saturated fat and 2000 calories. Plus the beer. I ate 73 ½ points yesterday. Breakfast for 7 points, Lunch for 6, and dinner and drinks for 61 points. That's two days worth of points in a single meal. No wonder obesity is such a widespread concern!

No comments: