Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Not really back with the plot

Somehow, I seem to have kept the scales moving downwards this weekend, weighing in at 17st 12½lbs this morning. But the good habits of most of this year seem to have fallen by the wayside. I updated my tracking notebook this morning for the first time in over two weeks - and still almost forgot to add lunch.

I've noticed this kind of thing before when I've tried to change or establish a habit. To start with, it's fairly easy to keep the new thing in your mind. But, over time, it's very easy to forget to keep with it - even after several months it's very easy to revert to type and go back to doing things the old way. It often takes a couple of iterations of this to really establish the behaviour - at least for me.

Rather than focusing on any specific weight loss amount this week, the target is just to get back on track. Track what I eat, stick to the rules, and shed some more pounds. After 5 months it should be easier, not harder, to stick to the habits.

Can you tell I'm trying to convince myself here?

No comments: