Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Weigh In: why I need my graphs

I've made a number of postings showing the chart of my weightloss that I started at the beginning of the year. I started off religiously adding the figures every day, but I've been getting lax about updating it lately. This week I felt I really handn't made any progress -- then I updated the chart. It looks a lot better; I'd forgotten about the bigger drop at the start of the week.

I'd been obsessing about the number not changing very much. So much so, that not only did I lose sight of the fact that I'm still comfortably ahead of the 1lb/week line; I totally missed the fact that as of todays weigh in - 18st 1lb, I've lost 1 ½ lbs this week, and am at the half way point: I've lost 20 lbs of the 40 I set out to loose.

The next bitty tiny goal is to shed just over another pound, so that the scales are showing 17st something. Next week? I hope so, but the week after is fine. Slow and steady does it.

No comments: